NHIS was designated as the WHO CC for Health Insurance Governance and Services on Dec. 3., 2020.
NHIS has made efforts to fulfill the responsibilities and to achieve financial sustainability towards UHC
- (MAR. 2019) Discussion on the WHO CC designation between NHIS and WHO WPRO representatives.
- (JAN. 2020) Submission of the application form for the WHO CC designation to the WHO eCC system.
- (MAR. 2020) Continuous communication with the WHO Western Pacific Regional Office(WPRO) regarding Terms of Reference clarification, and other requests.
- (DEC.3. 2020) Confirmation of the designation as a WHO CC for ‘Health Insurance Governance and Services’ (KOR-109).
Terms of Reference
- NHIS can support the WHO to achieve universal health coverage in partner countries with research activities.
- Under the WHO’s guide, NHIS can support the development and governance of health financing.
- This activity will improve the health financing and financial sustainability, as well as the design of strategic purchasing and revenue collection.
- NHIS can provide training in development and governance of health financing capacities in partner countries with the WHO.
- NHIS can organize lectures, group workshops, country presentations, and in-person training in the Republic of Korea.
- This activity will contribute to the WHO’s 13th General Programme of Work and its expected outcomes such as strengthened health systems in support of universal health coverage without financial hardship, and healthcare access based on gender, age, income, and disability.
- NHIS strives to enhance global cooperation and strengthens its relationship with the WHO CCs at home and abroad to support achieving UHC.